Mid-Atlantic/Northeast Region Host Family Application & Information
Thank you for becoming a part of the Pequeño Tour and opening up your home to host our NPH youth. Your hospitality represents a major contribution to our program. It enriches the experience of the visiting youth by allowing them to experience daily life in the United States. They also connect with the caring individuals who are helping to provide them and their family with emotional support, food, clothing, education and medical care. By opening your homes you are helping us to continue transforming the lives of the children the Pequeño Tour supports.
“It’s a wonderful experience for the entire family. I think all families should do this, at least once!”
|– Host family from the 2015 Pequeno Tour
This year, 13 pequeños and one chaperone from Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH) Mexico will be our guests from October 24 through November 11, 2019. We are requesting each host family to host two or three guests (two youth or two youth and a chaperone) for their time in your area. If you are able to host, we are certain that you will find it a most memorable and blessed experience.
Host Family Responsibilities
- Attend host family orientation meeting (Date to be determined).
- Complete a background check form for all adults (18 +) living in your home.
- Familiarize all members of your family with the orientation information.
- Provide supervision whenever the pequeños are in your home. One adult must be home when the youth are there per request of the Country Director and insurance requirements.
- Provide food, rest (one per bed), possible laundry, and comfort to the pequeños.
- Assist with transportation to and from designated drop off locations for local events. NPH USA will provide van/bus transportation to the venues from the pickup/drop off location. This requires one adult in the family to have a semi-flexible schedule. A copy of the schedule will be provided at the orientation meeting.
For more information, read over the host family handbook.
Are you interested in being a host family?
Please complete this online application below. In addition to completing the application, you must submit a background check form for each individual age 18 or older who live in your home or will be home at the same time as the pequeños visit.
For more information, any questions, and to submit completed background checks, please contact us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 617-206-4940
- Mail: NPH USA – 265 Willard Street – Third Floor – Quincy, MA 02169