Regional Director’s Message
Happy New Year from the Northwest team at NPH USA! Thanks to your support, we had our most successful year to date and raised more than $1.6 million for NPH and our children! We could not be more grateful for your commitment and partnership to help our children and break the cycle of poverty in Latin America and the Caribbean. Here are just a few of the ways your support impacted our region last year:
- We graduated welcomed the fifth annual cohort of 6 young leaders from NPH to the Northwest for a year-long program of study and leadership development.
- Our Associate Board for young professionals had a very successful fourth year, raising $75,000 for NPH and sponsoring a variety of fun and successful events in Seattle, including Carnaval for a Cause and Hunt for Hope.
- We had a hugely successful year with our events, including our first annual NPH USA Northwest Golf Classic, which raised more than $60,000 with 140 golfers.
- We welcomed more than 200 new sponsors in our region last year, thanks in large part to a few incredible church communities that hosted us for sponsorship drives in 2015.
- We had 10 volunteers from the Northwest who lived and served at one of the NPH homes in 2015.
- We led several trips to our homes, including group visits to the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Guatemala, and Nicaragua.
Most importantly, at NPH we cared for more than 3,400 children who found the love, support, education and healthcare they need to thrive. We supported 370 students to pursue their dreams by attending university. And our outreach programs helped more than 95,000 people living in poverty in our communities. We could never do this without your help – THANK YOU for joining us in this vital work! We look forward to working with you again in 2016. Please join us in the coming months for our annual Carnaval for a Cause (February 27), Faces of Hope (March 22-23), and NW Golf Classic, or come with us to NPH Nicaragua, July 7-15.
Happy New Year,
Northwest Regional Director