Upper Midwest Region Host Family Application & Information – Twin Cities
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the 2019 Pequeño Tour and offering to open your home to host our Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH) students from NPH Guatemala. Your hospitality represents a major contribution to our program. It enriches the experience of the students visiting by allowing them to experience daily life in the United States. They also connect with the caring individuals who are helping to provide them and their family with emotional support, food, clothing, education and medical care. By opening your homes you are helping us to continue transforming the lives of these incredible young people.
“It’s a wonderful experience for the entire family. I think all families should do this, at least once!”
|– Host family from the 2015 Pequeno Tour
This year, pequeños and chaperones from NPH Guatemala will be our guests in the Twin Cities area from the morning of Thursday, October 3rd through the afternoon of Monday, October 14th, 2019. We are requesting each host family to host two or three guests (two students or two students and a chaperone) for 5-6 nights. If you are able to host, we are certain that you will find it a most memorable experience.
- St. Odilia Catholic Church Host Families: morning of Thursday, October 3rd – evening of Tuesday, October 8th, 2019
- Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church Host Families: evening of Tuesday, October 8th – afternoon of Monday, October 14th, 2019
Host Family Responsibilities
- Attend host family orientation meeting (date to be determined).
- Complete a background check form for all adults (18 +) living in your home. After you have filled out the host family interest form below, we will send you a link to complete your background check.
- Familiarize all members of your family with the orientation information.
- Provide supervision while the NPH students are in your home. One adult must be home when the students are there per request of the Guatemala Country Director and NPH insurance requirements.
- Provide food, rest (one bed per student), possible laundry, and comfort to the students.
- Provide transportation to and from all activities and events in the greater Twin Cities area (i.e. schools, churches, airport, NPH Gala, fundraising events, etc.). Host families will be able to share contact information at the orientation meeting so that carpooling arrangements can be made if necessary.
If you would like to become a host family:
Complete the online interest form below and we will contact you with more information. Please reach out to the Upper Midwest NPH USA office with any questions. The deadline for submitting your online interest form is Monday, September 2nd, 2019.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (651) 482-1703
- Mail: NPH USA – 1400 Van Buren Street NE, Suite #200-210 – Minneapolis, MN 55413-4605
(New address as of 11/1/2019)