Cultural Immersion Trip to NPH Guatemala
February 23 – March 1, 2019
Join us for a culturally immersive experience in Guatemala. Witness the country’s beauty, ancient history and cultural magnificence, while also learning about the challenges facing its people. Visit Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH) to see and hear about how the organization raises children, supports communities, and transforms lives.
- Historical, cultural, and environmental tour of Lake Atitlán region, considered “Eden on Earth.”
- Visit the colonial UNESCO city of Antigua with cobble-stoned streets, art galleries, local artesian markets and Spanish colonial-era ruins.
- Visit NPH Guatemala, Casa San Andres
- Post-trip option: Visit the ancient Mayan ruin site of Tikal in UNESCO World Heritage-listed Tikal National Park.
About NPH Guatemala
Opened in 1996, NPH Guatemala is home to approx. 100 children. The home, Casa San Andres, is located 90 minutes west of Guatemala City, the nation’s capital. It is situated 5,800 feet above sea level in Guatemala’s beautiful central highlands, very close to the famous colonial capital of Antigua. Casa San Andres has approximately 25 acres of land with a Montessori preschool/ kindergarten, primary and middle schools, vocational workshops, clinic, athletic fields, a farm and greenhouses.
Cost: $1,900 Single Occupancy, $1,770 Double Occupancy*
- 6 nights lodging in local hotels
- 2 meals a day (usually breakfast and dinner)
- Transportation; to and from all scheduled excursions
- All scheduled excursions
- NPH USA interpreter and trip direction
- Traveler’s insurance and background check
- $1,000 Tax-deductible donation to NPH USA
Trip cost does not include air travel. Do not book air travel until receipt of your first deposit is confirmed and further instructions are received regarding flight schedules and local transportation arrangements.
- $500 non-refundable deposit due September 1, 2018
- Remaining balance and traveler’s forms due December 1, 2018
For more information, please contact Casey Guevara-Lehker : email@example.com or call (312) 386-7485.