Support NPH Honduras’ Pasos Pequeñitos (Small Steps Child Care Center)
OUR PURPOSE AND VISION
The purpose of Pasos Pequeñitos (Small Steps Child Care Center) is to help children (ages 15 months to 7 years) of single parents by providing them with high quality childcare and education while their parents are working. These parents desperately need an option for the daily care and feeding for their children.
Pasos Pequeñitos was closed in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Fortunately, we are able to reopen in 2021 as a new and improved daycare providing critical services to working single parents in this economically challenged area of Tegucigalpa. An exciting enhancement of the program consistent with our mission of fostering education to break the cycle of poverty is the selection of our new program director who is a specialist in the Montessori Education Method.
We are a social assistance program that benefits both children and their parents by providing education, psychological support, and personal development programs. The program is open from 6:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. to provide parents flexibility in their schedules so that in addition to working to support their families they may pursue certified career advancement or educational opportunities which is strongly encouraged. By pursuing additional certifications and educational advancement these parents are creating better futures for their children.
BENEFITS AND SERVICES
• Affordable cost (L100.00 per child per month, just over $4), with scholarships available.
• Developmentally appropriate Montessori curriculum with early stimulation for children from 15 months to 3 years.
• Academic activities based upon the standards of the Basic National Curriculum.
• Newly renovated space to accommodate learning needs.
• Healthy and balanced meals (breakfast, lunch, and snack).
• Safety, health and hygiene training for children and parents.
• Educational, psychological, and social support and activities to strengthen family bonds.
• Recreational and cultural activities
“Education will lift my children out of the poverty in which they were born.”
— Fr. William B. Wasson, founder, NPH (1923-2006)
Donations to NPH USA, Federal Tax ID # 65-1229309, are tax-deductible as provided by law. To read our Charitable Solicitation Disclosure Statements, visit nphusa.org/disclosure