Regional Director’s Message
It is with great fondness for all of you and pride in our work together for the children of NPH that I write to share that after 8 years, I will be stepping down from my role with NPH USA in November. Although I am utterly devoted to NPH and our children, and deeply value my friendships with all of you, an opportunity arose to work with an organization very near and dear to my heart, and I knew that it was the right time to move on. That said, leaving NPH is truly one of the hardest things I’ve ever done professionally. You can be sure I won’t be a stranger – I’ll still be a godparent, mentor to the Seattle Institute students, and an active NW supporter and volunteer. I hope and trust that our paths will cross again, because I know I will always be a part of the NPH family.
I will leave knowing that we are in a very strong position with a talented and committed staff and Board, and I have every expectation that the Northwest region will continue to grow and be even more successful, because of your support. Here are just a few examples of your incredible contributions and impact that I’ve witnessed during the last eight years:
- Contributions from Northwest donors have increased by more than 220%, or $1.6M, since 2009.
- Our Associate Board for young professionals has introduced NPH to hundreds of new supporters, and raised more than $350,000 in the past 5 years.
- 64 international volunteers from the Northwest have given a year or more of service to the NPH homes.
- 400 visitors from the Northwest have traveled to Latin America to build relationships and solidarity with our children, staff and volunteers.
- Your support helped launch and grow the NPH Seattle Institute, now in its 7th year of giving our most promising young leaders essential training and development.
- 227 NPH students have graduated from university, becoming productive citizens who give back and are breaking the cycle of poverty.
I hope to see many of you at the NPH USA Northwest Gala on November 4th at the Golf Club at Newcastle – it will be a great evening with an incredible speaker from Mexico, a terrific silent and live auction, and dancing with Brian DiJulio and the Love Jacks. Come celebrate NPH’s 419 university students with us! Meanwhile, I want to extend my deepest thanks for all of your support and friendship through the years. I have been honored to work with you for the kids of NPH and I look forward to our next chapter!