Regional Director’s Message
Greetings from all of us in the Northwest region at NPH USA! I’m feeling especially grateful and excited this month, as the staff and I recently had the chance to gather with our regional Board of Directors for their retreat. Hosted by Board member Pat McCormick at AAA of Washington, it was a productive and inspiring day as we reviewed our successes and challenges from 2016 and discussed our plans for 2017. Highlights included fun icebreakers to get to know each other better, an update on NPH’s work from Donna Egge, Director of Family Services, and a discussion with the leaders of our Associate Board for young professionals. With this team, it is shaping up to be a fabulous and successful year!
We are very excited to welcome new Board members Rachel Prusynski, Terre Martinez, Ginnie Huntsman and Lisa Dean to our team, and very thankful for the hard work and contributions of our departing members Susana Valencia, Larkin VanDerhoef, John and Mona Fonseca, Chris Hartinger, Kavita Varma-White, and Sabrina Gaughran. I am also thrilled to announce that two Northwest supporters will be joining the NPH USA National Board: Pat McCormick and Lee Huntsman. Many thanks to Pat and Lee for stepping up to represent the Northwest and help grow and advance support for NPH across the U.S. We know that we could not provide so much support for NPH and our children without the tireless efforts of our regional Board and our Associate Board – thank you to all who currently serve and have served in the past! Finally, we are always looking for new Board members – please contact me if you’d like to hear more.
There’s a lot going on with NPH USA here in the Northwest this spring, and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming events:
· Our Associate Board hosts its annual Carnaval for a Cause on February 25th, 2017 – come join 300+ NPH supporters for a fun night of Mardi Gras-style dancing and music!
· On Friday, March 24th, we will welcome NPH Guatemala National Director Chris Hoyt back to Seattle for our annual Faces of Hope luncheon in Bellevue. Chris was recently appointed Chief Operating Officer of NPH International and will share NPH’s educational philosophy and work with us, along with a few other special guest speakers. Please contact us to be a corporate sponsor or table captain today.
· If you live in the Portland area, please join us on April 22 for a Cheers for Children Portland event at a local brewpub to benefit NPH.
· You can also register a foursome or sign up as a corporate sponsor now for our NPH USA NW Golf Classic on June 1 at Newcastle.
· Sign up for our trip to NPH Guatemala July 1-7, 2017, led by NPH’s Director of Family Services, Donna Egge.
Beyond these events, we look forward to partnering with many businesses, schools and faith communities in the coming months, and to working with all of you, as we join together to transform the lives of the children at NPH and beyond. We always welcome your calls and visits to our office, and we love meeting our donors for coffee, lunch, even a walk. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime with questions, concerns, feedback – or just to say hello.