The NPH Honduras farm produces approximately 27% of all the food eaten at the home.
Time: 45 mins Serves: 4
Tortillas (makes 8)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can refried beans
- • Sour cream, warmed (to taste)
- Feta cheese (to taste)
- Optional toppings: avocado, hot sauce, shredded chicken or beef
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Stir in water and oil to form dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for 5 minutes. Shape into a large disk. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each dough piece into 6-inch disks, then cover with plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining dough to make 8 tortillas. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add tortillas in batches, cooking 1 minute on each side until browned and lightly puffed.
- Once your tortillas are complete, spoon warm beans evenly over hot tortillas. Top with remaining ingredients and toppings. Fold in half and serve immediately.